The demand for behavioral healthcare services is stronger than ever, with nearly 60% of Americans seeking or wanting to seek behavioral healthcare services either for themselves or for a loved one.
Mental health and addiction treatment service demand has increased significantly as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to weaken the financial viability of behavioral health organizations and reduce the availability of lifesaving treatment and services, according to the National Council for Behavioral Health.
Key findings from the survey of behavioral health Chief Executive Officers include:
- Demand for behavioral health services is increasing, with 52% of behavioral health organizations seeing an increase in the demand for services;
- Capacity is diminishing as a result of the pandemic, and 54% of organizations have had to close programs while 65% have had to cancel, reschedule or turn away patients; and
- Organizational viability and access to care for millions is at risk of disappearing. Organizations have lost, on average, nearly 23% of their annual revenue, and 39% believe they can only survive six months or less.
As a result, each day, behavioral healthcare providers constantly struggle to find resources to accommodate the millions of people in need of their services.
The key to providing optimal behavioral healthcare services in the face of limited provider capacity is to optimize patient and provider communication and visit time.
Using bStable, patients can keep track of their behavioral health to improve communication with their providers utilizing:
- Extensive options to visually communicate their behavioral health progress.
- Support for many behavioral health conditions (i.e., Depression, Bipolar Disorder, ADHD, Social Phobia, Anxiety, Schizophrenia, Substance Abuse, Eating Disorders, etc.)
- Co-morbid conditions are supported.
- Crisis planning tools including post-mortem analysis and advanced crisis planning functionality.
- General life management and life optimization functionality
- Highly detailed tracking mechanisms that go beyond simple, surface level recordings
- bStable was built based on input from real-life patients and their needs.
- Tremendous breadth of the application – thus, called a true “life management system.”
- Tools to help patients address and improve thinking patterns in coordination with psychotherapists
- Support for all ages of life
If used correctly with patients, bStable can allow behavioral healthcare providers to provide optimal outcomes for their patients and focus on patients with the highest need for psychiatric services.
bStable helps patients and their loved ones deal with various affective disorders so they can better communicate with their clinicians (primary care, psychologist, psychiatrist, specialist), prevent crisis situations (i.e. suicide attempts, arrests), reduce hospitalizations, and improve professional and personal productivity leading to a better quality of life.